Kabusecha is a sencha whose vibrant gold-green color comes from a longer steaming time after harvest. This balanced tea is thick with velvety umami, delighting the palate with a complex dance of volcanic minerals and hints of lush dessert wine. The second infusion releases a brilliant green color as the leaves steam further in the teapot. A premium, artisan green tea.
50g (Loose Tea)
Product of Japan
Tea Amount: 1 teaspoon (5g)
Water Amount: 3.4 oz (100ml)
Water Temperature: 176°F or below
Steeping time: 45 seconds - 1 minute
1. Pour boiling water into a small size teapot and cups to warm them.
2. Pour 3.4 oz of boiling water into a separate cooling vessel (yuzamashi) and cool to 176°F or below.
3. Discard the water from your teapot and put in 5g / 1 teaspoon of tea leaves into your teapot.
4. When the water in the cooling vessel has cooled to 176°F or below, pour the water into your teapot.
5. Infuse for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
6. Discard the warming water from your tea cups and pour the tea while alternating between both tea cups to ensure even strength. The color of the tea in both cups should be even. Pour all the tea from the teapot, waiting until the very last drop falls. By infusing this way, you will be able to enjoy up to 3 infusions of the same leaves.
7. Ensure you cool the water to 176°F or below before the second and third infusions. As the tea leaves open on the first infusion, there is no need to wait before pouring the tea for the second infusion. Simply pour the water into the teapot, then pout the tea into the tea cups within moments. To extract the final flavor notes form the leaves, infuse the 3rd infusion for a 1-2 minutes.